For 2016, the Jacksonville Rotary Club is offering Senior Scholarships to college bound students. The amount awarded per scholarship will be $2000.00.
To be considered for this award an eligible student:
• MUST be a resident of the legally defined boundaries of Jacksonville, IL School District 117, and
• Is a senior expecting to graduate in May-June of 2015 with plans to attend a four year institution of higher learning.
• Is NOT a child of a current Rotarian.
Academic achievement is NOT the sole determinant for recipients of this award. The Scholarship Selection Committee will be looking for well rounded students that have geared their high school career toward community service.
The Ideal Candidate for this award:
• Is service minded and can document hours served with recognized groups such as Church and charitable organizations.
• Is career minded and can easily communicate aspirations for the future.
• Has geared their high school career toward college attendance.
• Has demonstrated leadership skills and can list areas where they have held leadership positions while in high school.
• Is an above average student.
Applications for the 2015 Jacksonville Rotary Club Scholarships are now available. Please click here to download the brochure and application.
Deadline for submission is March 25th, 2016. Winning applicants will be notified April 18th, 2016.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must either be a graduate of, or a present senior of Jacksonville High School (IL). You must be attending or planning to attend a vocational school, technical school, or a community college. If you plan on attending college to obtain a 4-year degreed program, please apply for the Jacksonville Rotary Club Scholarship.
Deadline for submission is March 25, 2016. Once applications are scored, the top applicants will be interviewed the week of April 11, 2016. The winning applicant will be notified by April 18, 2016.
For more information and to buy tickets, please click on the following link: